Mike Lucas has provided a specialised brokerage service for nearly 20 years. During this period there has been increasing demand from owners for professional care and attention in terms of refurbishment, repairs and maintenance.
- EQUIPMENT – we have for many years been supplying a large range of bespoke equipment for Sadlers and Starlights. Revised lists are now being updated in accordance with current demand including guide prices – these will be available on our website shortly. In the meantime, please call or email us with your requests.
Sadler & Starlight Parts & Spares
Sadler stanchion bases can fail and become a serious problem, they can easily be replaced and are available from us.
We now have available again the cast aluminium base for both the Sadler 32 and Sadler 34.
The round sockets for 26 and 29 stanchions are also available.
If you have difficulty in sourcing these then give Mike a call on 07717 885435
- MANAGEMENT – Lucas Yachting specialises in the management of the whole range of repair and refurbishment work. We take pride in offering a high quality management service to an increasing number of discerning owners, using local yards and facilities, as relevant for each boat.
- BENEFITS – dealing with one management company, rather than separate trades and sub-contractors.
- SURVEYS – for major work we consult local Surveyors, who have general knowledge and experience of all yachts – a condition report can be done for insurance purposes as required.
- DELIVERIES – for delivery by sea, we use a small company with experienced skippers and can deal with International deliveries. We also organise delivery by road transport.
- Servicing – general service all boats, all engines.
- Repairs – all repairs carried out including mounts/alignment, head servicing, heat exchangers, transmission system.
- Overhaul – engine removal and comprehensive overhaul.
- Engine replacement – all main suppliers.
- Bow thrusters and props – maintenance and new installation – wide range of props available.
- Heating – service and fit new.
We have many years experience and specialised knowledge in new teak work and repairs:
- Teak decks – repairs and replacement of single panels or complete deck replacement.
- Teak seating – repairs/renewals for all types of yacht – standard teak seating replacements made up for Starlight and Sadler.
A full range of skills available with under-cover workshop options:
- Repairs to impact damage – Surveyor supervision arranged for insurance work.
- Gel repairs – all types of stress cracks, with additional laminating where required – experience in re-gelling large topside areas and skill in colour-matching.
- Spray paint – topsides re-spray at competitive cost.
- Osmosis treatment.
- Coppercoat application.
- Mast – full rig check prior to commitment – repairs and equipment replacements – mast wiring, radar systems.
- Rig changes – we can supply complete rig change with furling system repairs or installation of new furling. Dyneema available for running rigging.
- Spars – new booms, gooseneck repairs and deck controls redesign.
- Poles –spinnaker poles (deck mount or mast mount) and whisker poles for booming out genoa or chute.
- Valet and service – assistance removal, from boat, valet and service with Inspection Report.
- Repairs – wide range of repairs carried out, by local sailmakers.
- New sails – complete range available for all yacht types.
A complete range of sprayhoods, covers, canopies:
- Sprayhoods – all yacht designs – attractive style of sprayhood. New techniques in terms of panoramic front windows, quarter panels, stronger frames and mounts.
- Mainsail cover – all types including Stak-pak and provision for lazy jacks.
Raymarine technical expertise and trained installers:
- Autopilots / Chart Plotters / radar – comprehensive repair services and new equipment fitted, including helm pods and repeater systems.
- Sailing instruments – log, echosounder, wind and associated repeater / multi-meters.
- VHF / DSC – supply/install latest equipment, remote controls at helm available.
- AIS – latest systems by Raymarine, supplied and installed, interface with chart plotter/radar.
Full range of equipment fitted to make living aboard more comfortable and efficient:
- Refrigeration – replacement or installation of new refrigeration equipment.
- Domestic water supply – new pressurised water systems fitted, with replacement calorifier and associated hose.
- Power generation – supply of pole mount wind generators and solar panels, to supplement on-board charging systems.
- Toilets – removal of old hose / fit new – new toilets fitted / holding tanks made up to customer requirements.
Comprehensive gas check/cooker service (or replacement), alarm systems, safety improvements.