Mike Lucas has provided a specialised brokerage service for nearly 20 years. During this period there has been increasing demand from owners for professional care and attention in terms of refurbishment, repairs and maintenance.
- MANAGEMENT – Lucas Yachting specialises in the management of the whole range of repair and refurbishment work. We take pride in offering a high quality management service to an increasing number of discerning owners, using local yards and facilities, as relevant for each boat.
- BENEFITS – dealing with one management company, rather than separate trades and sub-contractors.
- SURVEYS – for major work we consult local Surveyors, who have general knowledge and experience of all yachts – a condition report can be done for insurance purposes as required.
- DELIVERIES – for delivery by sea, we use a small company with experienced skippers and can deal with International deliveries. We also organise delivery by road transport.
- Servicing – general service all boats, all engines.
- Repairs – all repairs carried out including mounts/alignment, head servicing, heat exchangers, transmission system.
- Overhaul – engine removal and comprehensive overhaul.
- Engine replacement – all main suppliers.
- Bow thrusters and props – maintenance and new installation – wide range of props available.
- Heating – service and fit new.
We have many years experience and specialised knowledge in new teak work and repairs:
- Teak decks – repairs and replacement of single panels or complete deck replacement.
- Teak seating – repairs/renewals for all types of yacht – standard teak seating replacements made up for Starlight and Sadler.
A full range of skills available with under-cover workshop options:
- Repairs to impact damage – Surveyor supervision arranged for insurance work.
- Gel repairs – all types of stress cracks, with additional laminating where required – experience in re-gelling large topside areas and skill in colour-matching.
- Spray paint – topsides re-spray at competitive cost.
- Osmosis treatment.
- Coppercoat application.
- Mast – full rig check prior to commitment – repairs and equipment replacements – mast wiring, radar systems.
- Rig changes – we can supply complete rig change with furling system repairs or installation of new furling. Dyneema available for running rigging.
- Spars – new booms, gooseneck repairs and deck controls redesign.
- Poles –spinnaker poles (deck mount or mast mount) and whisker poles for booming out genoa or chute.
- Valet and service – assistance removal, from boat, valet and service with Inspection Report.
- Repairs – wide range of repairs carried out, by local sailmakers.
- New sails – complete range available for all yacht types.
A complete range of sprayhoods, covers, canopies:
- Sprayhoods – all yacht designs – attractive style of sprayhood. New techniques in terms of panoramic front windows, quarter panels, stronger frames and mounts.
- Mainsail cover – all types including Stak-pak and provision for lazy jacks.
Raymarine technical expertise and trained installers:
- Autopilots / Chart Plotters / radar – comprehensive repair services and new equipment fitted, including helm pods and repeater systems.
- Sailing instruments – log, echosounder, wind and associated repeater / multi-meters.
- VHF / DSC – supply/install latest equipment, remote controls at helm available.
- AIS – latest systems by Raymarine, supplied and installed, interface with chart plotter/radar.
Full range of equipment fitted to make living aboard more comfortable and efficient:
- Refrigeration – replacement or installation of new refrigeration equipment.
- Domestic water supply – new pressurised water systems fitted, with replacement calorifier and associated hose.
- Power generation – supply of pole mount wind generators and solar panels, to supplement on-board charging systems.
- Toilets – removal of old hose / fit new – new toilets fitted / holding tanks made up to customer requirements.
Comprehensive gas check/cooker service (or replacement), alarm systems, safety improvements.