Posted 9 September 2021
A brief update on the more difficult to source deck fittings may be helpful.
- Stanchion Bases – we now have available again the cast aluminium base for both the Sadler 32 and Sadler 34, three-hole fixing. The round sockets for 26 and 29 stanchions are also available. Stanchions do present a problem because there are many types, but if you have difficulty in sourcing these locally, then give me a call.
- Gooseneck pins – we modify gooseneck pin with spectacle type fairleads, (Rather than rams-horn hooks) where reefing lines aft are required. We can also advise on appropriate deck fittings and clutches and supply these if required.
- Forehatches – the older type Canpa hatch is no longer available and we can supply a special Gebo for this purpose, without a down-flange – this will fit pre-1987 hatch apertures. Suitable saloon hatches are also available from Gebo to suit. Can supply Lewmar if required.
- Deck organizer – as fitted on Sadlers was the three-sheave organizer by OH of Denmark. We now source these direct from original supplier, so that you can ‘piggy-back’ using two distance pieces.
- Rudder, skeg and heel fitting replacements for Sadler 32 and Sadler 34 – all available – details on request.
- Washboard barrel lock – these invariably deteriorate with age and particularly because many were supplied without non-ferrous interiors. We now supply a fully non-ferrous mechanism to suit existing hole as a direct replacement.
- Teak seating – replacements are now available as self-fit panels, solid teak with Sikaflex stripes and mitred corners forward and aft. We can supply this seating and sole panel for the range of Sadlers and also Starlight 35 and 39. Teak measures about 8mm for Sadlers when finished. Starlight seating and sole panel is about 9mm, although aft seat and transom pad are 6mm to provide for curvature.
- Tillers – these are laminated in mahogany and ash as direct replacements for the Sadler 32 and 34. We can also supply for Sadler 29.
- Equipment prices – being updated and we will list on our website later this year by December 2021, for all Sadler and Starlights – in the meantime prices on application.